fuel consumption

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fuel consumption

Post by Marko en Meeres on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm

will the ships use fuel? if so, will we have to buy it or would we be able to make it with resources in the world? what sort of fuel? some complicated futuristic unobtanium or something more worldly like hydrogen or thorium?
Marko en Meeres

View user profile http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: fuel consumption

Post by Ubercraig on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:16 pm

You can purchase fuel rods from Space Stations, Outposts ( found in space ) or any Colony with a vendor that provides it. You can also mine fuel via a drone that can be deployed from your ship and retrieved later. This raw fuel material can then be crafted into fuel rods at much less of a cost than purchasing pre-made rods.

As for the fuel element in question that's yet to be decided. It's a possibility there will be several types of fuel with different energy yields.
Ubercraig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reconanator on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Considering it'd most likely be some form of reactor powering the drives, I suppose uranium and such materials? Plutonium, Uranium maybe? We'll have to wait and find out I guess.

Also, the fuel rods? I'm guessing that'd ft well with radioactive materials of sorts. Maybe protective suiting for such uses, I don't know, I'm not a Dev.
Reconanator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top