Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Disease Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Crazy Disease Ideas Empty Crazy Disease Ideas

Post by kanderson5 Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:26 pm

So some of the best sci-fi plot lines are when one of the crew members starts acting crazy or strange and the rest of the crew has to figure out what's going on.

So I was thinking, what if crew members could get diseased (which I realize is already a mechanic) BUT, maybe the infected crew member starts seeing things that aren't there? Or he passes out in very inopportune moments. Maybe if your on a planet he sees enemies that aren't actually there. Maybe he sees his companions as enemies?

Maybe these diseases could from poison from an enemy, or it could be in tainted water?

I think that this would be a great addition to co-op play, and could lead to some pretty crazy moments between the team. The team would have to communicate to diagnose their companions. "Dude, what are you shooting at?", "why are you running into a wall?", "dude, you're flying the wrong direction!".

I don't know if this would be difficult to implement, or if it fits your vision. But, I thought it was a fun idea!

Game looks great so far! Keep it up!

kanderson5

Back to top Go down

Crazy Disease Ideas Empty Re: Crazy Disease Ideas

Post by PINBACK Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:21 pm

They could do as a lot of other game do by reversing the player controls for a short time or distorting the screen of the infected player.
PINBACK
PINBACK

http://spacesimcentral.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsofter Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:24 am

Reversed controls would be cool, but it'd be rather easy to figure out. maybe randomly switching controls around, for example, suddenly A is forward instead of W, and going left is D, and Right is S. That would be "fun" lol

Airsofter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayliun Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:04 am

haha i can see how that would get kinda crazy, but there are other simpler possibilities such as blurred vision, or your character throwing up every so often
Bayliun
Bayliun

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsofter Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:43 am

Remember, I'm just here to suggest the crazy. :-P

Airsofter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down