Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home!

3 posters

Go down

Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home! Empty Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home!

Post by TMS Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 pm

As someone who remembers the joy of playing Elite for the first time, and spent far too much of my childhood hunched over an Amiga 500+ playing it's sequel... the concept of a multiplayer, multi-vehicle, open-world, free-roaming, space-survival game makes me feel like a nerdchild again. Very Happy

It's the game I've always wanted. Haha!

Love the early screenshots and although I know you've said that the ship model is a placeholder and needs textures etc... I kinda like the look of the monotoned/limited colour palette! Looks futuristic! Oh, and the theme music fits the concept really well. Congrats on getting that right.

Couple of issues:

1. Where's the link to your Kickstarter? Can't see one anywhere. I want you to have my money so that you get this thing built.
  2. Embedding the phpBB forum into a frame on your website isn't ideal. Scrolling is awkward and small screen resolutions cut off the right-hand side. I'm viewing it on your direct URL (https://brightspritegames.forumotion.co.uk) which is much easier.
  3. phpBB is free, but it it's a bit clunky. If you want a vbulletin 4 license, I could probably throw one in your direction as I do a lot of forum development.

Anyway, keep going guys! Really happy to have discovered this early on!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home! Empty Re: Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home!

Post by Marrowmatt Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 am

Hey man!

There isn't a link to our kickstarter anywhere because we won't be launching it until around September. We want a little more time to gather more of an audience, and also we want to attend Rezzed game show first where we'll be revealing a playable demo. (Hopefully, We're trying to secure funds for a stand atm, but we'll be there either way).

I'm not entirely comfortable with this setup either, I think I might get Craig to just set a direct link up or something.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home! Empty David Braben

Post by vlnny Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am

Couldnt agree more was completely addicted to Elite...However when Mercenary I II & III came out I played the socks off as did many others it was so addictive as although vector gaphics as in Elite it did have some rendereing on the planets and surface where uu could land after entering the atmosphere and walk around or run to the nearest building as there was no oxygen, shame Novagen went bust. Ive been waiting for this for the last 20yrs..hats off to Bright Sprite im sure will be a huge success I have spreads the word.

Vinny

PS not sure but that HD Flash player comes up as malware on my system its tring to play videos but my antivirus wont let it install as its trying to load toolbars and PC diagnostics software and stuff ..dont want all that **** on my new i7 PC gamer waiting for Wayfarer

vlnny

Back to top Go down

Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home! Empty Re: Long-term David Braben refugee... finally found a home!

Post by Marrowmatt Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 am

Hey Vinny, thanks for helping spread some awareness! =D

Which HD Flash player? Where?
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum