an Idea of what to do with pirate ships you defeat but dont destroy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

an Idea of what to do with pirate ships you defeat but dont destroy

Post by firerobe on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I was thinking wayfarer the outer reaches is set in a harsh environment in space and we will more then likely be attacked by ships but there hasn't been a whole lot said about what you could do with those ships once you take them and strip the components  and things you need what about a chop shop that would take illegally taken ships and and give you a little cash or a place where you could find wrecks of ships and take them to the ligit salvage yards but you could also add in like a tow cable or something of the sort to make it difficult and only have few locations that would salvage or chop shop it it creates two ways to make money and an interesting set of scenarios what do you guys think?
firerobe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: an Idea of what to do with pirate ships you defeat but dont destroy

Post by Wikipedia on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 pm

That does sound like a cool idea, being able to tow a defeated ship to one of the rare illegal chop shops, and then get some cash for it.
A rope would maybe be a bit primitive for a civilization ways into the space age. More like a tractor beam or something like that.
I like the idea.
Wikipedia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jclark919 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:31 am

well to be fair to science fiction now all ship had tractor beams.  Before them they used grappling arms (fancy ropes) If you look into the Firefly Universe no tractorbeams.  They had more or less tug boat ships.
Jclark919

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko en Meeres on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 am

what about when they were being "pulled in" by the alliance cruiser in bushwacked?
Marko en Meeres

View user profile http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by firerobe on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:13 am

the alliance is also way more advanced then the rest of the galaxy but you are right I like the idea of the tow cables a lot but tractor beams seem to be equally as good at achieving that goal
firerobe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 am

I just suggested tractor beams 'cause it seemed more futuristc, and personly i'd prefer tractor beams or power rope, or something, over ordinary rope.
It seems a bit wierd that despite you having a ship able to float in midair, you have to use rope to pull things in space. Just sayin'
Wikipedia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by firerobe on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:36 am

well it would be more like a cable then a rope a rope as we think of it would not be able to handle the load
firerobe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1upking on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am

But its outer space, which is a gravity-less vacuum. In reality, if you have the means to push your body, you could push or pull the object. (Just saying from a physics stand point.) Depending on the size of your ship and the one you're towing, I'd think you could pull it into your own ship and dismantle it in the garage or bay. Otherwise, take a tractor beam, or whatever towing means you use, and take the wreckage to the chop shop.
1upking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Yeah if the ships are big enough. Which i'm not sure is possible, 'cause they said that the ship they showcased is going to be app. the size of some of the biggestships. But i guess it depends on the layout of the ship. And the ships might get bigger too, soo... yeah.
Wikipedia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Overwatch301 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 am

They also said that you could store extra ships at Last Watch, so if you wanted to keep it instead of simply trashing it to a chop shop, you can. Also, that cable would have to be very very strong to resist breaking when your ship goes into warp, I think that a tractor beam would be more realistic, but I think that one of your crew members should have to go over to the enemy ship and put something on it (a hub to tell the tractor beam where to go? Maybe just a really strong cable tie)
Overwatch301

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by firerobe on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:33 pm

well I don't think this game will have anything along the lines of "warp" so I dont think you will have to worry about that
firerobe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:23 am

You can store 'PLAYABLE' ships at last watch, not every ship in the game, particularly enemy ships will not have fully laid out interiors, it's simply too much work...

But this does sound like a cool idea!! A space salvage/chop shop...hmm! As long as you disable the ships and don't blow them up completely I can see this working, adds an element of skill to space combat =P I guess the chop shops could just.......ahem...recycle the pilot/crew....

I'll relay this to the rest of the team!
Marrowmatt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top