Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating system

3 posters

Go down

Updating system Empty Updating system

Post by Wikipedia Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Just wanted to ask if the updating system be like Mincrafts, where it continually updates, or will you release it and then not update it anymore?
Good luck with the game, i'm very excited about it Very Happy
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Updating system Empty Re: Updating system

Post by Bayliun Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:31 am

At the moment we have all intentions to release the game on steam as part of steams Pre Alpha system. Meaning you will be able to purchase the game early and play it on steam but some areas will still be under construction. This is very similar to what Minecraft did as players were able to play the game despite it being finished, and just like Minecraft we will be releasing patches and new content all the time as we update the game and more more and things to it.

So yes after release on steam Alpha there will be lots and lots of lovely updates adding new content and improving the game as you guys play Very Happy

there is also a possibility of DLC and Expansion packs depending on how well the game does on steam Smile
Bayliun
Bayliun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks for the response, Just what i was hoping for Smile
Just got some other questions for ye. Will there be be more star systems, and if yes how many planets will they consist of and how will you travel between them? Som kind of warp (star trek style), or stargates like in EVE.
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko en Meeres Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 am

Bayliun wrote:The game takes places within the Stoddarian Sector which has several systems within it and varying numbers of planets within each of those systems.

As far as development goes currently each planet will be static as you approach it and will not orbit. There will however be other dynamic objects in space such as asteroids, nebula's and other anomalies which will move about and create varying game play scenarios.

However when flying to and from different planets you have complete control over your ship and which direction you fly it in. If you wish to travel to a new system there are "Slipstreams" that act as tunnels within space and upon entering your ship is transported into the corresponding system Very Happy

these "slipstreams" sound a bit similar to the star gates (or wormholes) in eve if i'm not mistaken
Marko en Meeres
Marko en Meeres

http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 am

Ahh, okay. Well, i'll return if i've got more questions.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my speculations Very Happy
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down