Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

out there idea but i think it would be awesome

+2
1upking
Reeves88
6 posters

Go down

out there idea but i think it would be awesome Empty out there idea but i think it would be awesome

Post by Reeves88 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:41 pm

i have seen that you can customize your ship to an extent and my idea was, being able to make it larger, but then having the issue of a ship to large means it couldn't enter the atmosphere(would burn more fuel rapidly attempting to keep the size from just crashing and burning or surrending to gravity and free falling) so you would have to have a shuttle which you and your "crew" could board and fly down to the planet and shuttle the resources back to your ship, allowing you to carry more things but at the cost of more fuel or something and obviously being a bigger target for pirates as you are bigger and bigger things look tastier to evil people, its just my idea that i think would be awesome, as you could then add in things like your vessel is to damaged and its about to crash into the planet what do you do, try and save it, try and crash land in a better place so you have a wreck to salvage or just abandon ship as fast as you can before you all die in a horrible explosion of all your things. p.s i think the idea of this game alone is epic and i cant wait but i have to Sad

Reeves88

Back to top Go down

out there idea but i think it would be awesome Empty Re: out there idea but i think it would be awesome

Post by 1upking Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 am

We've talked about this in the "Drop Pods and Orbital Cannons" thread. TL;DR - No. Nope. Not happening. As much as I would like it because it could involve some creative gameplay, it goes against the overall idea of keeping the entire crew together.
1upking
1upking

Back to top Go down

out there idea but i think it would be awesome Empty Re: out there idea but i think it would be awesome

Post by Overwatch301 Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 am

1upking is right, when I first joined I had that exact idea, but you have to realize that the reason we can't do this is not only because it would split the team up but also because it would start to take away the very important survival aspect of this game.
Overwatch301
Overwatch301

Back to top Go down

Post by 1upking Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:50 am

I still like the idea of one person staying back on the ship or a smaller shuttle to monitor the group on the ground. He may not be physically part of the group, but he still plays a key role.
1upking
1upking

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsofter Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:22 am

as I said in a different thread, playing "overwatch" would be cool. being able to scan anomalies, and possibly a threat scanner within view distance, but would be a different system to the pilot controls, so you would either have to land, or run back and forth in the ship, or have someone else do it while you fly.
*Brainstorm, put this at the navigators console. Above problem solved. :-)

Airsofter

Back to top Go down

Post by firerobe Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey guys havent posted on a while but in that thread the said obital drop pods and bombardments were out but the never exactly said they were not having shuttles from what I understand they were waiting to see how much want for it there is and if they can do it in such a way to keep the team mostly together and I think if enough people desplay a want for it they might consider it more you got to remember the game is still in development and things change all the time
firerobe
firerobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsofter Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:16 pm

What I was thinking was something more along the lines of using your main ship to be the "shuttle," and overwatch console idea. I just think it would be cool to fly in and whisk my friends out from under the noses of the giant turtle men attacking them, opening up with the big guns as my friends come running out from inside a cave or whatever... :-)

I'm sure whatever they end up deciding to do, the game will be awesome. :-) Speculating is just part of the fun!

Airsofter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:55 am

Theres nothing stopping you from dropping your teammates off and either:

1. Staying aboard the ship to scan the area and monitor activity and lifesigns from the ground.
2. Hover around in the area to provide visual feedback (providing the weather is good enough for you to safely do so)
3. Always have a pilot on standby to sweep by and pick everyone up.

I don't see where the specific need for this extra shuttle comes in...

An escape pod yes, extra shuttle? Hmmm, I dunno, it seems like overkill, the ships aren't really large enough to warrant that.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsofter Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 am

oh, escape pod! We can run with that idea! haha. about to crash into a mountain, "everyone to the escape hatch! ill hold on as long as I can!" *dies in a horrible, yet heroic fiery crash, saving everyone else. haha

Airsofter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down