Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wonder if this has been considered

+2
Kreeperhugger
firerobe
6 posters

Go down

I wonder if this has been considered Empty I wonder if this has been considered

Post by firerobe Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 pm

If you really sit and think about it the universe is a big place with odd creatures so what if some of these organic creatures evolved to the point of traveling in space like maybe space whales or giant worms that eat planets maybe you come across solar storm and have types of bats attach themselves to your ship eating away at the metal shell just some things that would be considered monstrous enough that even a ship would fear to cross paths with it I always wanted to go hunting giant space worms
firerobe
firerobe

Back to top Go down

I wonder if this has been considered Empty Re: I wonder if this has been considered

Post by Kreeperhugger Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 am

I would kinda enjoy exploring the inside of a space whale, or throwing in teammates Very Happy

Kreeperhugger

Back to top Go down

I wonder if this has been considered Empty Re: I wonder if this has been considered

Post by Marko en Meeres Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:20 am

i can't imagine how or why any non-sentient life would take to the stars.. i mean earth's been around for over 4 billion years and we're the first lifeforms to actually leave its atmosphere and we sure as hell don't have evolution working for us, as fragile as we are
Marko en Meeres
Marko en Meeres

http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreeperhugger Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 am

Maybe this life evolved in space, somehow

Kreeperhugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko en Meeres Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 am

but radiation! also in order to move it would need to expel reaction mass since wings would not work in a vacuum and that'd be really weird. they'd run out of "fuel" pretty fast.

but thanks for giving me the mental image of space whales that use diarrhea to move around
Marko en Meeres
Marko en Meeres

http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreeperhugger Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 pm

maybe life on earth is affected by radiation, but it doesn't mean life in space has to be!

Kreeperhugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 am

Giant extremophiles Very Happy Ahh, ahh?
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:48 am

Or, an organic planet. That'd be so cool, driving on an eye or something Razz
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:49 am

Hmm! I'm not sure what to say here aha
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by firerobe Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 am

well it would create a whole new line of questing plus if you really think about it life comes in all forms and if I were to create a space monster of sorts I would base it on things like sea monsters such as a massive space snake with a ton of health give something for even late game players to fear
firerobe
firerobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:20 pm

We have thought about creatures in space, but we have no idea about how to approach their design....it's not something you'll find in the stoddaria system anyway, so we're not concerning ourselves with it for the alpha.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreeperhugger Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 am

I would quite like if "space barnacles" were to attach to your ship, or to a station. and if left unchecked, it could lower the durability of your hull, even cause air leaks. and if you are really low on cash, you could clean barnacles off of the stations! it sounds horribly boring, but it would be an interesting thing to have

Kreeperhugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kreeperhugger Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:13 am

I would quite like if "space barnacles" were to attach to your ship, or to a station. and if left unchecked, it could lower the durability of your hull, even cause air leaks. and if you are really low on cash, you could clean barnacles off of the stations! it sounds horribly boring, but it would be an interesting thing to have

Kreeperhugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:30 pm

That sounds weird, but cool Smile
Maybe space whales, like that one in Doctor Who. I'd quite like feeding it with my ships shit-deposits Razz
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoddeh Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:48 am

Funnily enough we have thought about "parasitic" creatures that may attach themselves to the ship after visiting certain areas that will have to be dealt with or they will cause issues such as small creatures messing with the electronics of the ship.

Barnicles sound like a decent idea however if people have to be constantly cleaning their ship it could break up the gameplay but we will see about this after the alpha in the future.

Stoddeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum