Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a question

4 posters

Go down

Have a question Empty Have a question

Post by dan101 Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:08 am

I was wondering...how will the interiors of the ground vehicles work? Will you need to be "seated" inside it or can you move around inside like you can on your ship (at least as far as the limited space inside would allow) also I'm not sure if someone else has asked this yet and if so I am very sorry :p but will there be ingame "missions"? Like perhaps hostage rescue from a pirate base or even cargo transport missions?

dan101

Back to top Go down

Have a question Empty Re: Have a question

Post by Marko en Meeres Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:08 am

you'll be able to move around your ship freely, even in flight. as for missions, i'm not entirely sure. the devs have mentioned some kind of "main storyline" type thing but you're not obligated to complete it. i'm sure you could pick up the odd job here or there for some factions, though.

EDIT: HM. how do i read. you meant ground vehicles. well butts. i have no idea. the "prototype two" they demonstrated on youtube showed them driving around a ground vehicle in third person. not sure if they plan to make environments you can move around in on ground vehicles, at least while driving.
Marko en Meeres
Marko en Meeres

http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dan101 Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 am

Lol yea that's why I was asking...I remembered seeing the ramp into the vehicle and I'm guessing you at least need to walk inside the vehicle to get into the drivers seat...but was was thinking more about passengers in a vehicle and what they can do

dan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko en Meeres Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:08 pm

idk the most i could deal with would be like kerbal space program's IVA where you have the ability to look around from a seated position and maybe manually pull some levers and push some buttons. without inertial dampeners, walking around in a moving vehicle could be clumsy and dangerous! but who knows? maybe in the space future™ inertial dampeners are so commonplace that my iphone 38½G has one built in.
Marko en Meeres
Marko en Meeres

http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wikipedia Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, he did walk into the rover in the ship tour, and they have the code to make it work on the ship, so i don't think it would be that big of problem. But. I would make no sense to be able to do it, theres so little space that if three persons were to walk around in there at the same time it would get very chaotic, so i don't see the point of having it in there, but i definitely think it's possible.
Wikipedia
Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Since the removal of the station wagon, it is no longer possible to walk into your land vehicle, as Wiki mentioned, with more people it gets very cramped and begins to cause all sorts of physics issues as they become stuck. The new hover craft which will feature in the alpha seats 2 people (don't worry, you get two of them!) Once driven up the cargo ramp, you can dismount, and the hover pads retract/fold to conserve space.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down