Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future?

4 posters

Go down

Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future? Empty Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future?

Post by Gethory Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 am

Let me start off that I am a sucker for space, the fact that it's never been truly explored, that practically anything could be out there. I've been intrigued by space for a very long time and ever since I started playing video games I've had this fantasy, a fantasy about a game where I could truly experience space. A game where I could explore it, observe it, discover it. A game where I could be the Picard, I could be the Kirk, where I could captain a ship and lead it into the final frontier. Where I could go where no man has gone before. In a world where the market is horribly over saturated with generic fps I see this is as a beacon of hope. I would personally jump at any opportunity to alpha/beta test this game and assist the company in any possible way I can.

Gethory

Back to top Go down

Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future? Empty Re: Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future?

Post by 1upking Tue May 14, 2013 3:26 am

I believe they had talked about a pre-alpha or prototype to come out before they start their Kickstarter. I think they wanted to have that by September? Correct me if I'm wrong.
1upking
1upking

Back to top Go down

Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future? Empty Re: Will there be a playable alpha/pre-alpha available to the public in the foreseeable future?

Post by Marrowmatt Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 am

1upKing is correct, we are aiming for a playable alpha for our kickstarter, which will be made available to backers the moment the kickstarter ends.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gethory Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 am

Marrowmatt wrote:1upKing is correct, we are aiming for a playable alpha for our kickstarter, which will be made available to backers the moment the kickstarter ends.

I think I know what I'll be kickstarting soon then.

Gethory

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple H3lix Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 am

I heard September too, which is OK I guess. However, on steam greenlight it says release on September 2014. Does that mean ya'll aren't going to make a public alpha until next year?
Triple H3lix
Triple H3lix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 am

No, you will have access to alpha and beta before September 2014, so those that wish to will be able to purchase a the game early and help us in development and testing/feedback. Early access will be much cheaper if you gain access to it via pledging through our kickstarter.

Otherwise, you can wait until September 2014 to play the game in it's full glory!

The alpha will be available to play shortly after the kickstarter campaign has finished running whether it's successful or not. Fingers crossed.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down