Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a few questions!

4 posters

Go down

Have a few questions! Empty Have a few questions!

Post by dan101 Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:41 am

Hey whats up....first off I wanted to tell the devs that I have LONG been waiting for a game like this and you are my gods for making it and I will be donating as much as I can to the kickstarter next month! I really only had a few questions...some of them had been mentioned in earlier posts that I have read before...and just wanting an update...but I have a few new questions as well!

1. in an earlier post escape pods were mentioned...just wanted to know if they are still being considered or not? (I really liked the idea that if a pod was used the surviving crew would need to hold out for evac!)

2. during space combat...are hull breaches possible? perhaps getting sucked out into space? and if so will the ships be compartmentalized with interior blast doors and such?

3. I saw on the post asking about vehicles about potentially having a submersible added to the vehicle list....thought this idea to be awesome as all hell...especially if there are going to be "water worlds" designed for the game!

4. also wanted to know if it would be possible to do something like crashing your ship deliberately? perhaps in a situation where your ship is about to be destroyed but there is a planet near by.....and if so and the ship is so badly damaged as being unrecoverable...is there a way to actually call for a pickup for the surviving crew members?

dan101

Back to top Go down

Have a few questions! Empty Re: Have a few questions!

Post by Marrowmatt Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 am

Hi!

1. https://brightspritegames.forumotion.co.uk/t48-drop-pods-and-orbital-cannons#350 My response towards the end of this topic should clear should answer your questions.

2. This is something we are currently looking into, the ship which will be used in the alpha is currently being modelled, breakaway parts will be looked into during this phase but the starter ship is very open plan, so it's unlikely this will be used on this ship model, but for future ships and different layouts, most certainly yes.

3. The submersible vehicle will not be featured in the alpha, originally, there was a water world in our Design Documentation, from memory, it was removed due to issues that we would face. That's not to say at some point in the future, underwater stuff won't be brought back in. But as of now, we are not working on anything submersible.

4. I'm not entirely sure about the situation your trying to explain. But yes, you can crash your ship deliberately, and you can use the escape pod as an evac method which also doubles as a beacon for rescue.

Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by dan101 Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:52 am

oh lol sorry If I was not too clear on the last question...what I meant was something like if your being attacked and most or all of your weapon systems are offline or something yet your engines are still working and there is a planet nearby...would it be possible to land the ship and if repairs...for whatever reason....are not possible...would there be a way to manually activate a distress beacon without needing to resort to using the escape pod?...oh and as an added question that I did not think of before....Is there anything in motion to allow the "taming" of a neat creature you might find on a planet somewhere? being able to acquire a pet...perhaps one that might even aid you in a combat situation....seems like something of a fun idea

dan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrowmatt Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:26 am

Yes, there will be situations which may require you to make emergency landings for repairs. You can always call for a rescue pickup to take you back to the Last Watch station, this is required in situations where you simply can't repair your ship, AKA, being stranded in space with disabled engines and no repair materials.

Calling CWC for rescue will be on a very long cooldown though, to prevent any spamming or unintended quick travel and also requires a waiting time once called, where you'll have to hold out against any opposition.

The penalties for a CWC callout or escape pod rescue are yet to be decided, but generally, we want the players to avoid using this. It really is a last resort.

To answer your last question, no, we have had no discussions about animal taming or pets, and probably won't think about anything along those lines until after the final release. That being said, certain planets down the line may have mountable wild creatures which you could use as transport, which may come in handy if your vehicle breaks down...or if your vehicle is full.
Marrowmatt
Marrowmatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko en Meeres Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:47 pm

ride the tiger!
Marko en Meeres
Marko en Meeres

http://jattehomo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayliun Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

you can see his stripes but ya know he's clean !
Bayliun
Bayliun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down